Thursday 17 May 2018

"The light we lost", by Jill Santopolo : Book review



Date of reading : 1st May, 2018

I have procrastinated until this time, and I write this review finally.
A first person narrative is the type I most prefer when I read a novel.
It makes it easy to concentrate on reading and well understand characters, their behaviour, why they did that and above all it makes me feel like as if I were the narrator themselves.

That is the beauty of reading a novel. A good novel gives me to have an opportunitiy to experience lives that I have never experienced before in my real life. On a rare occasion, something similar or the same may happen to life, and this invaluable experience might help me see the situation straight, what is at stake, what is important, why it has happened, and most importantly what I must do.
This book caught me while I was off the guard. I was not expecting much from this book, but it turned out to be one of the most impressive novels. Lucy, the narrator and heroin, feels so real and alive. I was her. I could feel everything Lucy had felt.

I want to finish this review with my favorite quote in this book. A woman filled with light makes everything she touches brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment